Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Pray for the Sick

We've been cycling around a Terrible Cold for the last 2 weeks. My poor husband has it for the second time, now, and I'm about 2/3 of the way through it, myself. I am currently in the Purely Exhausted Stage. :( Violet's nose is still running pretty heavily, and  I can't make it up the stairs without getting dizzy. Plus, I sneeze like, every 2 minutes, and can't keep a lick of makeup on for blowing my  nose so constantly. Ben has tried THREE times to get to a doctor to see if he can get a day at home to recuperate (he's been running a fever for 2 days, now), but the Army is so backwards at this that they keep sending him running thither and yon to set up this appointment, see that person between 9 and 11 on Tuesdays or Thursdays.....or some other nonsense. So, he's been running his 4 miles with DayQuil instead. Poor guy!

We're trying the Natural Route, and pumping our systems full of garlic, ecchinacea, vitamin C, zinc, and colloidal silver. It's a slow process, but hopefully more rewarding by the end, in that we will all have stronger immune systems! 

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So sorry you guys are still sick. But I've been there! I understand how frustrating it is and how you just get so tired of it all!!

I need to update my blog on how we're doing health-wise. Good news! I feel so encouraged that after using all the different herbs, Emma got over this last round of colds very quickly and the best she has EVER done! So hang in there, I feel like it is really working!

Are you using the Olive Leaf?? I love that stuff and give it to the kids at the hint of a sickness now. We take it too. Check it out!!

Susannah Forshey said...

Yes, the olive leaf has been the main thing for Violet. I keep forgetting to take it myself, but I mean to try it. I shall be more faithful about it now.:)

lislynn said...

We're finally out of the woods now, I think, so I can add my sympathy to Rachel's, now that I don't need it for myself any more. :) Sorry it's going so rough...

Joy said...

Uggh. This too will pass! Funny thing is, they have MUCH better attitudes than we do during colds...at least B does. I'm Miss Grumpy.