Tuesday, January 5, 2010

For All You Tea-Lovers...

....I just found the coolest Tea Curiousity in a unique thrift store here in H-burg called, "Save & Prosper," run by west-europeans (of dubious nationality...) for like, less than $2.

Take a look:



It comes out of the package in pre-formed discs, and instructions say to use one disc per 250 mL of boiling water....about a mug's worth of tea. It dissolves into typical shredded tea leaves when it's dropped into the pot of water. I tasted it cautiously this morning.....with sugar....and BAM! It is one of the most complex flavors I've ever experienced in TEA before! It felt like a merlot or cabernet...very mellow, yet dark, and oh-so-fragrant.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this before? Do tell! I'm thoroughly intrigued!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Never heard of it, but at that price, I am shocked, because I trust your palate so implicitly on things like tea... Wow.

David Nahas said...

Never heard it to... But I think it's such a nice tea... I want to taste it...